Shoreham Cricket Club ran very successful Sunday morning coaching sessions for 20 years to a mix of age-groups until 3 years ago. Sadly, with increasingly stringent qualification requirements for coaches, we have been unable to offer coaching at our ground since then.
However this year we have a cunning plan!
One of our playing members, Gordon Watts, is Chairman of Horton Kirby CC and became aware of our plight. He advises that there is headroom at the lovely Horton Kirby ground to open up their coaching sessions to Shoreham children, under the watchful eye of two England Cricket Board (ECB) Level 2 qualified coaches. Please note that part of their qualification process includes DBS checking.
The coaching sessions cater for 5-15 year olds organised into at least 2 groups.
- Sunday mornings 09.30-11.00 hrs
- Coaching fee £2.50 per attendee per session
- 3 bays of practice nets, Bowling machine, plenty of coaching and Kwik cricket kit.
- Breakfast, tea & coffee for parents whilst they watch or just read the Sunday paper
- Directions – see below. 10-15 minutes by car. You may wish to organise ‘car pools’ amongst parents.
- ‘No poaching’ assured, so this arrangement is intended to provide continuity for Shoreham CC. If you have a child or children who are interested please email Nick Walker at email@example.com.